JTA continued coverage of Donald Trump’s call to ban all Muslim immigration to America, and JTA links our press release in their story. Click here to read the full story on JTA.org
Two prominent modern Orthodox Jewish groups issued a joint statement rejecting Donald Trump’s call to ban Muslims from entering the United States.
The Conservative movement also issued a statement Thursday condemning Trump’s proposed ban on Muslim entry. Together with the condemnation of the Reform movement earlier this week, Trump’s plan has now been rejected by groups from every major American Jewish religious stream.
Unlike a number of other groups that have condemned the call by the Republican presidential candidate, the Orthodox Union and the Rabbinical Council of America did not name Trump or mention Muslims specifically in their statement.
Instead, the two organizations said they “reject calls to limit immigration to the United States based on religion.”
“We call on all Americans to reaffirm that discrimination of any group solely upon religion is wrong and anathema to the great traditions of religious and personal freedoms upon which this country was founded,” O.U. Executive Vice President Allen Fagin said in the statement.
In the News
B'nai B'rith International is the Global Voice of the Jewish Community.
All rights reserved. Stories are attributed to the original copyright holders.